Thursday, February 5, 2009

R.I.P. Lux Interior, King o' the Sleazy Sounds


Holy fuck...
The man and the myth that was Lux Interior is no mo'
The Cramps are responsible for my taste in trash ...I don't wanna even think about a world without 'em ...and Lux was the drivin' force (along with the lovely Poison Ivy) in gettin' sleazy sounds to a wider audience (just listen to any of the early Cramps records and hear the great garbage that they "borrowed" from)

Real glad I got to see 'em live a few years back in Asheville, NC...mad that I only got to see 'em once...

R.I.P. Lux (1946-2009) ...Stay Sleazy ...Where ever ya are....

& my thoughts go out to Posion Ivy.

Fuckin' sad...

P.S. The only band sticker on the back o' my car...well I'll give ya three guesses....

For more thoughts and tributes to the late Lux check out this thread over at the GaragePunk.com forums ...or an excellent recollections post over at Michael Kaiser's Haus

1 comments:

sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.