Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Real Live Wire: Dexter Romweber Duo at the White Mule

Riled like a rabid bastard, it needs to be said...Dexter Romweber is a living legend...not that I ever had my doubts, but he forever forged his legacy in my mind last nite...



...Dexter, with older sis Sara in perfect tandem, just wailed and weeped fer over an hour at the White Mule...with few in attendance but the diehards for Dex's brand of "hardcore Americana" (to quote Exene Cervenka's glibness), it was fight or fuck time conveyed via his own brand of patented tunes that croon, swoon, & blast-off like a rocket to the moon...



...this is American music goddammit & the Dex Romweber Duo ain't gonna let it die off like some obscure historical fad...Dexter is a trash-rock troubadour, who plays from the soul of all those who influenced him...& Dexter's a big influence on me, continually preachin' his passion in wild shows of emotions and music...& the chain is unbroken, baby...



...& just like Kerouac, the only musicians fer me are the ones "mad to live" and if ya ever doubt Dexter & his ability to communicate those fundamental American desires and dreads, do yerself a favor and catch the 'Duo in action...ya couldn't be disappointed...



Do it to Dex!

1 comments:

IDON MINE said...

My-oh-my! Good take on that one! Makes me wish I was there!

I heard they will come over to ol' Europe perhaps. Lessee...!