Sunday, August 28, 2011

the Rum Diary...looks to be a pretty tropical lil flick...

I had quit holdin' my breath back when Hunter passed, cuz any hope of his novel seein' the light of film projector flicker would be nada or at good odds a projectile piece of over produced poo without his oversight...but here we are...goes to show, keep hope alive baby:



...& it's no mystery of the Mary Celeste that I dig Thompson and one of my fave rave fiction works is his early swing, the Rum Diary...so a movin' picture adaption of his narrative revolvin' 'round a journalist makin' ends meet in a tropical time & place speaks to my heartbeat...what I can skim from the film's trailer does make me a lil giddy, assumin' they haven't completely bastardized the thing with what they're holdin' back from us here in these 2 & a half finely edited minutes...With Depp doin' what he does as protagonist Paul Kemp (or Hunter incarnate as it were) this should be a wild lil ride...I fer one will definitely be buyin' the ticket once this flick arrives...

0 comments: