Tuesday, November 8, 2011

the Big B-day Blues...But Not Really, Baby

On this wild ride it's time fer a milemarker, the 30 years shakin' on this sphere variety...so many strange days and weird nites, no time or care to share any particulars here at length, but I've had this Emerson quote zippin' around my mind--"Tobacco, coffee, alcohol, hashish, prussic acid, strychnine, are weak dilutions: the surest poison is time"...so I have a vague notion of how much time I've spent & what I've reaped, here's to havin' plenty ahead to sow, to wager even, on future frolics...here's to what's to come & a tune to get at the heart of the mood, baby...


Them "Don't Look Back"

But this is a party place, not a sob-fest site so here's to the celebration of life!
One group in the past year that surely deserves acclaim fer much of the insights & goodnites is my fraterity of brothers of the same bent appeal, the S.I.P. Society (Sigma Iota Pi always)...
"...to yer health, baby"...& I'd be super remiss without a cheers to my beautiful baby and better half, L.E., fer simply being so sweet...


the Untamed Youth "Sophisticated International Playboys Theme"

...& natch I can't get off this merry-go-round without a spin of one of my top 5 fave party pounders, 'cuz quite frankly everybody should know by now that the bird is the word baby!


the Trashmen "Surfin' Bird"

...& why not one more just to reinforce my nickname-claim-to-fame...three decades of ridin' the tide, sail on baby...


the Surfaris "Wipeout"

...always baby, always...

0 comments: